Recently I has encountared a problem where I was not able to type cyrillic characters in web forms using Iternet Explorer 6 web browser. It was very furstrating for me, because I participate in greate number of web forums, news grous, etc… where I write using cyrillic characters. After some hacking around it turns out that the problem lise in the BitComet extention for Internet Explorer, I disabled the extention (Add-On) and everything now is back to normal.
To disable an Internet Explorer Ad-On:
- From the menu bar select Tools and then Manage Add-0ns….
- In “Manage Add-ons” dialog box find the Add-On (in this case BitCommet Helper) select it and then click Disable in “Settings” below the Add-ons list.
- Restart Internet Explorer
Here is a list of faulty Add-ons I have tried. I will try to keep this list updated as possible:
- Google Toolbar
You may suggest faulty Add-ons using the comment system.If you liked this article and think it is useful use the buttons below.